Relocating Your Business? 3 Reasons Why You Need a Good Tech Team
Business owners move for many reasons. In this hot commercial real estate market, lease rates are spiraling higher. Businesses may lose their leases outright as property owners seek to increase income. Rents can become too expensive, so owners move to improve cash flow. A successful business may need to upgrade space or add new offices. Or a new business is ready to relocate to a “real” office.
Regardless of the reason, business owners must minimize downtime and avoid unpleasant surprises. Even more intimidating, moves involve juggling a million extra details without losing focus on day-to-day business operations.
Three Ways to Simplify Your Business Relocation
If you are considering relocating your business, some planning can make a big difference and save you money.
First, involve an experienced technology team early in the decision-making process. Have the team audit potential sites before you sign a lease. You will want to know:
- Whether there is old, missing, or degraded internal network wiring
- About available Internet and phone services and their limitations
- What likely IT security issues you may need to address
Second, a good technology team can coordinate and manage the details for you. These can include:
- Coordinating with your Internet Service Provider, telephone service provider, and equipment vendors to ensure a smooth transition to the new site
- Installing structured network cabling and office equipment and making sure they work correctly
- Establishing the right level of IT security
- Moving and setting up computers, servers, and network equipment
Finally, look for a technology team that communicates and coordinates well with everyone. They will need to work with your staff, movers, commercial office providers, and document management companies to ensure everything goes without a hitch.
If you’re thinking about relocating your business, contact Cantrell’s Computer Sales & Service at (925)827-1200 or firstname.lastname@example.org and ask about our technology relocation services. Schedule a conversation with us to discuss your concerns, evaluate your needs, and develop a plan for a trouble-free move. We also offer hands-on project management and post-relocation support. Let us take the headache out of your next business relocation.
Comments are closed