Support for Microsoft Windows XP SP3 and Office 2003 Ends April 8, 2014!
Support for Microsoft Windows XP SP3 and Office 2003 Ends
- When? April 8th
- Microsoft has a Support Lifecycle policy; Windows and Office products receive a minimum of 10 years of support (5 years Mainstream Support and 5 years Extended Support)
- Microsoft, along with their hardware and software partners, need to invest their resources toward supporting more recent technologies.
- What does this mean?
- Technical assistance for Windows XP or Office 2003 will no longer be available, including automatic updates that help protect your PC. Microsoft will also stop providing Microsoft Security Essentials for download on Windows XP on this date.
- If you continue to use Windows XP or Office 2003 after support ends, Windows and Office will still work but you can expect to encounter greater numbers of apps and devices that do not work with Windows XP and Office 2003.
- Running Windows XP and Office 2003 in your environment after their end of support date may expose your company to potential risks, such as:
- Security: Risks from malware and exploits.
- Compliance: Risks of internal or external audit failure that may lead to suspension of certifications, and/or public notification of inability to maintain your systems and customer information.
- Obsolete Software : Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) are unlikely to support new versions of applications on Windows XP that are critical to your business.
- Obsolete Hardware: Many PC and peripheral hardware manufacturers will stop supporting Windows XP on the majority of their new models.
- How to Proceed?
- Get current with Windows and Office. Upgrading has upsides well beyond keeping you supported:
- Windows 7 and newer versions of Office offer more flexibility and capability, and allows employees to be more productive while increasing operational efficiency through improved PC security and management.
- It also enables your organization to take advantage of latest technology trends such as virtualization and the cloud.
Office 2007: Mainstream support ended in 2012, extended support ends 10/10/2017.
Office 2010: Mainstream support ends in 10/13/2015, extended support ends 10/15/2020.
Windows 7: Mainstream support ends in 1/13/2015, extended support ends 1/14/2020.
For more information give us a call or visit us here…
1936 Linda Drive,
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523